Apply New Voter ID Card online for this Assembly Elections 2018
Every resident of Indian citizen above age of 18 years is allow to apply for a new voter ID/ election card. In addition to allowing every Indian to take part in the democratic process, it also helps as valid identification proof for everything from you applying for a loan to buying a house.
Earlier in the past, it was allow to apply Individual voter’s card only prior to an election moment, either local or national. However, the Election Commission of India has launched the easier process to apply for a voter’s card from the comfort of your home through an online application process.
How to apply online for voter id?
The online application process of a fresh or new Voter ID is very easy and simple. First of all you have visit Election Commission of India (ECI) homepage, this is the official website for voter registration. The website is designed for applying new voter ID cards, Tracking status and correct the incorrect information on your ID card and it has everything you would should know the process of election in India. It has a list of guidelines for applying new voter cards and various application forms to register oneself. There are few forms, based on the service you wish to avail. These forms are range from name change, inclusion of name in electoral roll for citizens residing in India, as well as separate forms for those who live overseas .You should select the form for new voter registration, which is Form 6.
To find the form for applying for addition your name on voter list, you have to select National Voters Service Portal on the homepage of ECI website. Scroll down under the “National Services” section, you will find option Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC. Next you will get online application form you just fill and submit the form.
Steps to follow in new voter id online application:
Below are the steps involved in the online application process are as follows:
- Step 1 – First , you have to visit the official website https://eci.gov.in/ of the Election Commission of India.
- Step 2 – Click on REGISTER NOW TO VOTE
- Step 3 – it will redirect you to https://www.nvsp.in/.
- Step 4 – Scroll down and Click on “Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC”.
- Step 5 – Select preferred language like HINDI or English
- Step 6 – Enter your personal details like name, father name, age, DOB, address, and upload the required documents.
- Step 7 – Click on “Submit”.
Before submitting you have to give your valid mobile and email id for acknowledgement and for tracking also. After submitting the form you will receive an email, message on the email address, mobile that you have provided and same message you will get a reference code and also you will get an email will have a link to a personal Voter’s ID page. using this reference code you will be able to track your voter ID application through this page, Once your application approved you will get a Voter ID card in a month from your application.
Following Documents Required to Apply For a Voter’s ID Card (Voter Registration):
To apply fresh voter ID card online, you would require the following documents:
- One passport sized photograph
- Identity proof – this could be a birth certificate, passport, driving licence, PAN Card or high school mark sheet.
- Address proof- this could be either ration card, your passport, driving license or a utility bill (phone or electricity).